If you’re a health junkie or just want new ways to waste use your time on the Internet, have we got the lists for you! Step right up and take a gander at our picks for some of the most fun and interesting health sites on the World Wide Web … such as:
- Think Like a Pancreas: meet Pierre Pancreas, your fabulous French tour guide into the world of type 1 diabetes. (For teens.)
- Scrub Club, with games and webisodes to teach kids about germs. (From the National Sanitation Foundation; sponsored by the makers of Purell.)
- Go Red BetterU, offering a free 12-week online nutrition and exercise program for women. (From the American Heart Association.)
- American Red Cross Museum: explore exhibits without leaving your home.
- Portion Distortion Interactive Quizzes: “Do you know how food portions have changed in 20 years?” Take the quizzes and see.
Our full lists are divided into the following categories. Click on whatever you’re interested in. And feel welcome to recommend more sites in the comments sections. We may revise these articles with new finds in the future.
- Fun health websites
- Websites for healthy weight-loss
- Alternative Medicine websites with evidence-based reviews
- Health websites for children and their parents
- Health websites for teens
Get our free health newsletter here, with links to doctor-written articles delivered monthly to your e-mail. (We don’t share your information with anyone.)
Leigh Ann Otte is the managing editor of MyFamilyDoctorMag.com.